Thursday, April 23, 2015
Recipe: Choc Chip Anzac Slice
1 1/4 cup Plain Flour
1 1/4 cup Rolled Oats
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup Shredded Coconut
1/4 cup Choc Chips
150g Butter (chopped)
2 TBS Rice Malt Syrup (or Golden Syrup)
1/2 tsp Bicarb Soda
2 TBS Boiling Water
1) Preheat oven to 160°C fan-forced. Grease and line a slice pan with baking paper.
2) Combine flour, oats, sugar and coconut in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre.
3) Place butter and syrup in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until smooth. Combine the bicarb soda and boiling water in a jug.
4) Remove butter mixture from heat. Stir in bicarb soda mixture. Add to flour mixture and combine. Stir in choc chips.
5) Poor the mixture into the prepared slice pan. Using the back of a spoon or your hands, press mixture evenly into pan.
6) Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Cool in pan. Slice and serve.
TIPS: Slice will feel soft when remove from oven. It will firm as it cools down
Posted by Lime & Mortar