I've used quite a few wall decals between my old house and my current house. Mostly only in the kids spaces but i have used a wall decal in my old laundry and now in my current study.
Wall decals are fantastic way to add character to a kids room specially if you want to keep the walls neutral. This way you can add bit of colour and/or interest without the need to paint.
There is a huge range of shops and online stores you can purchase wall decals from. Though becareful with the cheaper ebay ones. I've only purchased a robot one from ebay and it didn't stick properly and the sticker itself was quite thick so i removed it and had My Friend Matilda recreate the wall decal for me (its now a stocked item). I prefer the very thin ones so once applied its almost like paint.
The decals below are all from My Friend Matilda & The Wall Sticker Company
I have gold triangle decals on their way for the study and silver polka dots for when i redo the kids play zone. I ordered them from US companies so I'm looking forward to seeing what the quality is like and how the metallic stickers look. I'm sure applying them in straight lines is going to be the hardest part.
Tips when applying wall decals:
- Do not apply to freshly painted walls- wait a minimum of 3 weeks
- Clean the wall with a damp cloth to remove any dust - allow wall to completely dry
- Use a bank card to remove air bubbles as your apply
- When removing the backing paper/plastic don't pull it out from the wall, slide is down along the wall. This helps avoid pulling the sticker away from the wall
- If you want to remove the wall sticker use a hair dryer to heat glue as you remove