Friday, November 28, 2014
Recipe: Slow Cooker Satay Chicken
Slow cooker meals are more commonly known as winter food. However i think slow cookers are great in summer... no standing at a hot stove or turning on the oven which can heat the house. This satay chicken is lovely served with steamed vegetables.
SLOW COOKER SATAY CHICKEN
400g Chicken Breast - diced
70g Mushroom - sliced
1 Red Capsicum
2 Large Carrots
1 270ml can Coconut Cream
3 TBS Peanut Butter
3 TBS Tomato Paste
3 TBS Sweet Chilli Sauce
2 tsp Garlic - minced (or 2 cloves)
1) Chop carrot and capsicum and place in the bottom of your slow cooker. Add mushroom and chicken breast.
2) Add all other ingredients and mix together until combined.
3) Turn the heat to high and cover with lid for 4 hours. Stir every hour
4) At 4 hours turn the heat to low and remove lid whilst vegetables are steaming. This allows the satay chicken to thicken. Usually 10-20 minutes.
5) Serve with vegetables and enjoy!
To save this recipe for later click the title then pin this image
Posted by Lime & Mortar