Friday, November 14, 2014
Recipe: Chicken Tikka with Cauliflower Mash
This is my son's favourite meal. If you ask him what his favourite food is he will tell you it's cauliflower mash. I tend to make this dinner on Kindy days as its so quick and easy but full of flavour. It's healthy too!
CHICKEN TIKKA WITH CAULIFLOWER MASH
Serves 3 (or 2 big servings)
50g Natural Yoghurt
50g Tikka Paste
200g Chicken Breast
270ml Can of Coconut Cream
60g Baby Spinach (small bag)
1) Few hours before dinner mix the natural yoghurt and tikka paste together in a bowl or container. Stir in the chicken breast until well coated then cover and pop into the fridge.
2) Cut up the cauliflower and steam over boiling water
3) Meanwhile heat a large non stick pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and marinade
4) Cook whilst stirring until chicken is mostly cooked through
5) Add the coconut cream to the pan and stir until coconut cream bubbles and slightly thickens
6) Turn the heat off and stir in the baby spinach
7) Place the steamed cauliflower into a bowl. Use a stick blender to blend cauliflower til smooth.
8) Put large spoonfuls off cauliflower mash into a bowl and spoon over the chicken tikka curry
TIPS: If you prefer a thicker curry use less coconut cream or add cornflour. We like ours saucy to mix in with the mash. Do not steam cauliflower til soft as you'll end up with a watery mash. Cauliflower should be hot but still firm.
If you'd like to save this recipe for later click the title then pin this image
Posted by Lime & Mortar