When i saw this Raspberry & White Choc Shortbread i knew i had to make it. My Gran is over from the UK and I've only see her once in the 20 years ive been in Australia. We had a family lunch on Monday so i thought this slice would be perfect to take along.
The slice was very quick and easy to make. It looked and tasted amazing. I recommend serving with cream as the shortbread is rich. Plus cream makes everything extra nice!
RASPBERRY & WHITE CHOC SHORTBREAD
200g Butter (room temperature)
1 cup Caster Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 cups Plain Flour (sifted)
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 TBS Shredded Coconut
200g White Choc Bits
2 cups Frozen Raspberries
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees (fan forced). Line baking pan with baking paper
2) Cream butter and sugar until well combined. Add egg and vanilla, beat til well combined.
3) Add in the flour and baking powder. Mix until lumpy crumbs are made (see below image)
4) Tip 3/4 of the mix into the lined pan and press firm
5) Add raspberries, white choc bits and shredded coconut to cover the top
6) Using the remaining mixture crumble or place pieces all over the top. Press down gently
7) Baked for 35 minutes until golden brown. Cool in pan.
8) Serve warm or cool with cream
Tips: I used my kitchenaid to make the base which made it really quick and very little effect from me. If you have a mixer id suggest using it for this recipe.
If you would like to save the recipe for later, click the title then pin this image.
Inspired by Always Made With Love