A couple of weeks ago i posted 5 recipes from Create Bake Make and asked for you to choose which one i should try. I decided to go ahead with the Lemon & Coconut Slice as it fit perfectly with the lemonade stand party planned for Miss S's birthday. This slice was delicious! Perfect amount of lemon.
LEMON & COCONUT SLICE
395g Can of Condensed Milk
1 TBS Lemon Juice
250g Plain Sweet Biscuits
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1¾ cup Icing Sugar
2 TBS Lemon Juice
Optional: Shredded coconut for the top
1) Crush all the biscuits using food processor or rolling pins
2) Melted the butter and condensed milk over low heat until smooth. Mix in the lemon juice.
3) Place the crushed biscuits and coconut into a bowl and mix together. Add the milk/butter mix
4) Put the biscuit in a lined tin and press down firmly and evenly with a metal spoon.
5) Over low heat mix icing sugar & lemon juice. Mix until smooth
6) Pour straight over the base and spread it evenly across the top. Sprinkle on shredded coconut
7) Put the slice into the fridge for 3 hours or until set. Cut into whatever size you like to serve.
Tips: My slice base didn't set hard.. it was a little soft and bit sticky. I think this is because i used shortbread. I would suggest using Marie biscuits which is what i wanted but the supermarket had sold out so i thought id give the shortbread biscuits a go. It was still easily sliced and served plus super tasty!
If you'd like to save this recipe for later click on the title and pin this image:
This recipe is from Create Bake Make and shared in my own words and photos with permission. Be sure to head over to see more delicious recipes!