Friday, September 26, 2014
Recipe: Easy Butter Chicken
This easy butter chicken is so quick and easy to make. Great for a weeknight meal when you don't have a lot of time (or energy). I serve mine with steamed broccoli but it would go lovely with rice or papadums too.
EASY BUTTER CHICKEN
200g Chicken Breast
150ml Thickened Cream
200g Diced Tinned Tomatoes
1 TBS Tandoori Paste
1) Place broccoli in steamer or cook rice
2) Dice your onion and chicken. Heat some oil in a pan on medium heat and add your onion
3) Once onion has gone soft add the chicken breast. Cook until chicken starts to go golden
4) Add tandoori paste to the onion & chicken, cook for 1 minute until fragrant
5) Add the tomato, cook until bubbly and slightly thickens
6) Turn the heat to low and add the cream. Cook until your preferred thickness - we like ours bit runny so only cook for about 5 minutes.
7) Serve butter chicken on broccoli or rice. Add a drizzle of cream if desired.
TIP: Use less Tandoori Paste if cooking for kids, it may be a little spicy for them.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the title then Pin this image
Posted by Lime & Mortar