These Frittata Cupcakes are great for so many occasions - breakfast, lunch, dinner, kids parties, lunchboxes and so on. My kids love these so much and will happily scoff a few down. They are packed full of vege so perhaps a good one for fussy kids (and adults). I find them very morish
150g Shortcut Bacon
1/2 cup Milk
1 Can Canned Corn (420g can)
1 cup Grated Cheese
1/2 Cups Self Raising Flour
1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. Finely chop onion, dice the bacon, grate carrot & zucchini & drain the corn
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray with oil and add the onion and bacon. Cook, stirring often until light golden.
4. Meanwhile whisk the eggs and milk in a large bowl. Stir in the flour, carrot, zucchini, corn and cheese.
5. Line 12 hole muffin tray with paper or use silicone muffin tray. Divide the mixture evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and set.
6. Leave in tray for 5-10mins before transferring to wire rack to cool.
- I've used both normal muffin tray with paper cases and silicone muffin tray. Silicone muffin trays work so much better. I give a light spray of oil before filling with mixture and they pop right out.
- My family prefer to eat the frittata cupcakes at room temp or cool - but it's a personal preference
- They freeze and defrost well which makes them ideal for kids lunchboxes. I wrap mine in pairs in glad wrap and pop into ziplock snack bags.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the title then Pin this image